- 1 ½ – 2 pounds Sea Scallops (about 15-20 scallops)
- 2 Tblsp Lemon Juice
- Freshly Ground Black Peppercorns as needed
- Kosher Salt as needed
- 1 clove Garlic, finely minced
- ½ small Orange Zest
- ½ small Orange Juice
- 14 Tblsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 ½ Tblsp fresh Parsley or Tarragon, chopped
- Rinse the scallops under cold water and remove the “catch”, the small muscle running vertically on the side of the scallop. Pat dry.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper and arrange them on Bradley Magic Mats on a smoker rack.
- Prepare your Bradley Smoker with Alder Bisquettes. Set temperature to 92°C (200°F).
- Smoke for 20-35 minutes (depending on size of scallops) or until the scallops are just translucent and slightly firm. Do not overcook as the scallops with be rubbery and tasteless.
- Whilst the scallops are smoking, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium/low heat. Add the garlic, orange zest, orange juice, Worcestershire Sauce and parsley. Simmer for 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Serve the scallops hot with the warm citrus butter sauce.
Recipe compliments of Traegergrills