If you are a coffee fan and are already doing a cold smoke and have some extra space try smoking course ground coffee.
- 1 lb. medium roast Columbian coffee; freshly coarse ground (use more or less – the amount is up to you)
- Cheese cloth
- For this you will need to use the “cold smoke setup”, and keep the cabinet temperature below 70 degrees F.
- Cold smoking prevents any of the essential oils for leaching out.
- If you have jerky racks use them. The smaller grid helps support the cheese cloth better then the regular racks.
- Line the bottom of the rack with a couple of layers of cheese cloth, and spread the freshly ground coffee evenly.
- Place in smoker and apply 1 – 3 hours of smoke; depending on your particular taste.
- Then brew however you usually do.