- 1.5 kg (3 lb) frying chicken cut in half
- 750 ml (3 c) Italian dressing
- 125 ml (1/2 c) paprika
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) coarse salt
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) coarse ground black pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) dried basil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) dried thyme
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) dried oregano
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) garlic powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) dry mustard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) onion powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp) cayenne pepper
Rinse chicken halves and pat dry. Season with rub both sides and let stand for at least one hour. Place chicken halves in a plastic bag with 500 ml (2 c) Italian dressing and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Discard the remaining marinade.
Preheat your Bradley Smoker to between 105°C and 120°C (220°F and 250°F). Using Special Blend flavor bisquettes smoke/cook the chicken for 3 hours approximately. Baste the chicken with the remaining 250 ml (1 c) Italian dressing for the last hour. Use a meat thermometer to make certain the chicken is cooked.
Serve with a tomato sauce pasta dish and tossed greens.