- 800g Fresh Clams
- 1 large Shallot
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ tsp Salt
- 30g Butter
- Small glass of White Wine
- 3Tbsp Double Cream
- 250g fresh Pasta
- 100g Baby Spinach Leaves
- Rinse the Clams and check all are firmly closed after being swirled in clean water. Drain and place in a pan over medium/high heat with a lid on and toss occasionally until they have opened (probably a couple of minutes). Do not overcook, as they will go rubbery.
- Remove from heat immediately and place in colander, reserving the clam liquid.
- Lay the clams in shells across a foil covered Bradley rack.
- Smoke in your Bradley Smoker for 10 minutes using your choice of Bisquettes, remove and set aside.
- Peel and finely chop a large shallot and crush a large clove of garlic and mix with Salt to a paste.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the garlic/salt mix and shallot and cook over low heat for 4 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Add White Wine, increase the heat, and reduce to syrup.
- Add the reserved clam juice and reduce again over high heat to half its volume.
- Lastly add the Double Cream and reduce by a third, then return the smoked clams to the pan.
- After 2 minutes turn off the heat and place a lid over to keep warm.
- Fill a pan with salted water and bring to the boil. Add the fresh pasta and spinach leaves and cook as per pasta packet instructions (2-3 minutes).
- Drain and season liberally with black pepper before turning in the clams and sauce.
- Divide between 2 warm pasta bowls and serve immediately.
Recipe Compliments of Bradley Smoker UK