10 to 12 lamb shanks
- 120 ml (½ Cup) Bourbon Whiskey
- 420 ml (1 ¾ Cups) Red Wine
- 1 Tbsp minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp dry Rosemary or a sprig of fresh Rosemary chopped
- 2 Tbsp coarsely ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Salt
BOURBON ONION COULEE
- 6 large Onions sliced
- 60 ml ( ¼ Cup) Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 120 ml ( ½ Cup) Bourbon Whiskey
- In a bowl mix together marinade ingredients.
- Place lamb shanks in a casserole dish and pour marinade over lamb shanks.
- Cover and turning occasionally refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove lamb shanks from marinade and place on oiled smoker racks.
Preheat the Bradley Smoker to 110°C (225°F).
Using Maple or Hickory Flavour Bisquettes smoke/cook for approximately 4 hours depending upon outside weather conditions and temperature. Aim for an Internal temperature of 185-190°F (85-87.7°C).
The shanks should fall apart with just a fork.
BOURBON ONION COULÉE
In a small saucepan with olive oil, salt and pepper, sauté onions on a stove over a medium heat.
When onions begin to soften, add bourbon and simmer stirring until onions become soft.