Smoked meatballs that are stuffed with cheese and brushed with BBQ sauce are an amazing appetizer! Great with chicken but could also be substituted with pork or beef.
- 1kg minced chicken
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce, divided
- 1 red capsicum, cored and finely diced
- 150 grams Tasty or Cheddar cheese, cut into 1cm cubes
- Bradley wood bisquettes – Special Blend is great with chicken
- Set the smoker to 120C (275F) and load the bisquettes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground chicken, chili powder, salt, egg, bread crumbs, milk, ¼ cup of the BBQ sauce and diced red capsicum until thoroughly combined.
- Grab a small handful of the meat mixture and form a meatball that is about 3-4cm in size. Make a small indentation in the middle, with your thumb. Press a cube of cheese into the indentation and fold the meat around the cheese so that it is covered. Using your two hands, roll the meat around so that it is fairly round. Place the meatball on smoker rack. Do this with the remaining meat and cheese.
- Place the smoker rack in the smoker. Smoke the meatballs until they reach an internal temperature of 74C (165F), about 2 ½ hours.
- Brush remaining ½ cup BBQ sauce on top of the meatballs.