- Bone-in Pork Loin Roast
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves sliced in half
- 250 ml (1 c) salt
- 250 ml (1/2 c) brown sugar
- 1 can frozen apple juice concentrate
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) seasoning salt
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 125 ml (1/4 c) white sugar
- 125 ml (1/4 c) honey
- 250 ml (1 c) teriyaki, Jamaican jerk, or marinade of your choice
- Mix marinade ingredients in a large non-metallic mixing bowl.
- Take roast and make random insertions with a sharp knife.
- Stuff the cloves of garlic into the insertions made in the meat.
- Place the roast in the mixing bowl with the marinade and add enough water to cover the roast.
- Seal the bowl with plastic wrap and store in a cool place overnight.
- In the mornin,g remove the roast and allow to air dry for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to 90°C (200°F).
- Using Apple flavor bisquettes and leaving the damper closed smoke/cook for 6 to 10 hours depending on the size of your roast.
This roast is nice with stir fry vegetables and rice. Pineapple wedges add a striking contrast – add to the Bradley Smoker for last 1/2 hour.