- 2 Rainbow Trout fillets, boned
- 8 cups Water
- ¼ cup coarse Kosher Salt
- 1/3 cup White Sugar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Bradley Flavour Bisquettes – Maple, Alder or Pacific Blend
- Mix together the water with all the salt, sugar and spices until the salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Then place the fish, skin side down, in a dish and pour in the brine. Flip the fish a couple times and cover the dish with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge and let the fish marinate for 8-10 hours.
- Rinse the fish thoroughly and lay on smoker rack. Place the trout in a cool dry place for 1 hour to allow a pellicle to form on the outside of the fish. A fan can be used to speed up the process.
- Set the Smoker to 180°F (82°C) using wood Maple, Alder or Pacific Blend bisquettes.
- Smoke the fish for around 3-4 hours or until the internal temperature of the fish reaches 145°F (62°C).
By Steve Cylka.