Sesame and ginger marinated Duck Breast over cold soba noodle salad.
- 2 Duck Breasts
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
Soba Noodle Salad
- 250 g (½ lb or 6 ½ cups) Soba or Buckwheat Noodles
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Shitake Mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup Zucchini, sliced
- ¼ of a small Red Cabbage
- 3 cloves Garlic
- ¼ cup White Wine
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium-sized Carrot, grated
- 2 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1-3 tsp Sriracha Sauce (depending on spice level preference)
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Whisk together ingredients for the marinade.
- Marinate Duck Breasts overnight.
- Score the skin of the Duck Breasts, being careful not to pierce the skin and only cut the fat cap.
- Smoke Breasts for 1-2 hours with Oak Bisquettes at 212-239°F (100-115°C) or until an internal temperature of 158°F (70°C) is reached.
- Remove from smoker and let cool.
- Bring a saucepan filled with 6 cups water to a rolling boil.
- Add Soba Noodles and simmer for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain noodles and run under cold water, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat Vegetable Oil in a large skillet.
- Sauté Mushrooms, Zucchini, Cabbage and Garlic in skillet. Deglaze with White Wine and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add to bowl of Soba Noodles.
- Mix in diced Bell Pepper, Grated Carrot and sliced Green Onion.
- Whisk together Soy Sauce, Balsamic Vinegar, Tahini, Sesame Oil, Sriracha Sauce and Honey.
- Dress Soba Noodle Salad with dressing.
- Slice cool Duck and arrange over Soba Noodle Salad.
- Garnish with Sesame Seeds.
This delicious recipe, along with many others, can be found in The Bradley Smoker Cookbook. Original recipe by Lena Clayton.