- 1 whole Pork Loin Roast
- Bradley Maple or Sugar Cure (amount dependant on the weight of the loin roast)
- Trim the Pork Loin Roast by removing most of the fat on the outside.
- Once trimmed, weight the pork loin. Then measure out the required Maple/Sugar Cure. 3 Tbsp are needed for every 5 pounds of meat.
- Rub the measured cure all over the pork loin. Make sure to rub it in all sides of the meat.
- Place pork loin in a large freezer bag or food safe vacuum seal bag.
- Leave pork loin in the fridge for 7-10 days. Flipping it twice a day.
- After curing in the fridge, rinse the pork loin thoroughly under cold water.
- Place the meat on a plate and put back in the fridge for 8 hours. This dries the outside of the meat enhancing the smoking process.
- Set the Bradley Smoker to 250°F using Maple Bisquettes.
- Place the pork loin on a smoker rack and smoke the pork loin until it reaches an internal temperature of 155°F.
- Remove the back bacon from the smoker and let it rest for one hour.
- Slice the back bacon and fry in a frying pan. Serve on a sandwich with eggs or just on its own.
Recipe Compliments of Steve Cylka and Bradley Smoker Australia