Smoked peanuts are ideal for snacks, camping, and hiking.
- 500 ml (2 c) plain uncooked peanuts
- 125 ml (1/2 c) hot pepper sauce
- peanut oil
- salt to taste
- Combine peanuts with hot sauce in a small bowl
- Let stand for about 30 minutes.
- Thickly coat a 23 cm x 33 cm (9″ x 13″) glass or ceramic baking dish with peanut oil.
- dd the peanuts, stir and spread to a single layer.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to around 95°C (200°F).
- Place baking dish with peanuts on the top rack of the smoker and using Mesquite flavor bisquettes smoke/roast until peanuts are browned and dry – approximately 50 to 60 minutes.
- Transfer peanuts to absorbent paper to cool.
- Serve immediately or keep in a covered jar for several days.