Winter warm-up Comfort
• 1kg Minced Beef
• 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
• 1 Tablespoon Onion powder
• Salt to taste
• Black Pepper to taste
• ½ bunch Marjoram leaves
• 2 Eggs
• ½ Cup Flour
• 6 Potatoes, cooked and mashed
• 3 ½ Tablespoons Butter
• 3 ½ Tablespoons Cream
• 3 ½ Tablespoons Milk
• 140g sliced Ham
• 140g sliced Mozzarella cheese
• 140g sliced Bacon
• 2 tablespoons runny Honey
1. In a bowl, add the ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, marjoram leaves, eggs and flour. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
2. In a heavy bottomed pot over medium-low heat, add the mashed potatoes, butter, cream and milk. Mix thoroughly until the butter melts. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Spread the meat mixture onto a surface covered with plastic wrap. Arrange the ham slices on top, spread with the mashed potatoes and top with a layer of mozzarella slices. Starting with the bottom, use the plastic wrap to help roll up the meat like a Swiss roll.
4. Transfer to a smoker rack and place on a non-stick mat (Bradley’s Magic Mats are perfect for this). Arrange bacon slices on top and brush with honey. Hot Smoke at around 120C for 2 ½ to 3 hours using your favourite wood bisquette flavour (Mesquite, Special Blend and Apple work great)
5. Let cool slightly before slicing and serving with your favourite vegetables or salad.
Original recipe by Tastemade, adapted for the Bradley Smoker by Bradley Smoker NZ