- 250g minced lean Beef
- 250g minced Pork
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- ¼ Cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 large egg, beaten
Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes:
- 1kg starchy potatoes (e.g. Agria), scrubbed and diced
- 1 Cup milk
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2/3 Cup sour cream
- ½ Cup Cheddar or Tasty Cheese, grated
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 5 strips bacon, chopped and cooked
- Diced tomato
- Thinly sliced spring onion
- Thinly sliced chives
- Preheat Bradley Smoker to 120C, load with Mesquite, Hunter’s Blend or Ginger Sesame Premium Bisquettes
- In a large bowl, combine beef, pork, onion, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, tomato paste, egg and salt until well blended. Press into the bottom of a lightly greased pie dish, forming a crust. Hot Smoke in your Bradley Smoker for about 1 hour (or until cooked).
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large sauce pot. Cover them with cold water and season with salt. Bring to a boil then simmer, uncovered, for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Gently heat the milk and butter in a small saucepan. Set aside until the potatoes are done.
- Strain potatoes then transfer to a large bowl and begin to mash. Once fully mashed, add the sour cream, then slowly whisk in enough of the hot milk/butter mixture to make the potatoes extra creamy.
- Remove the Meaty Crust from the smoker and evenly spread the mashed potatoes overtop. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to the smoker for another 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and begins to crisp (you can finish in the oven at 180C for a more crispy top).
- Top with diced tomatoes, bacon, scallions and chives to serve.