• 1 Beef brisket (2 ½ – 4kg)
• 3 Tbsp fresh ground Coffee
• 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
• 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
• 1½ tsp Salt
• 1 tsp smoked Paprika
• ½ tsp Cinnamon
• ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
Bradley Flavour Bisquettes – Mesquite
• 1 Cup Cider Vinegar
• 3 Cups Beer
• ¼ Cup Tomato juice
• ½ cup granulated Sugar
• 1 Cup water
• 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
• 1 Tbsp Café Mocha dry rub (see above recipe)
• 6 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Make the Café Mocha rub by mixing together the ground Coffee, Cocoa powder, Brown Sugar and the other spices.
2. If desired, cut diagonal slits along the fat cap of the brisket.
3. Generously rub the spice mixture all over the brisket.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove the brisket from the fridge an hour before smoking and let it stand at room temperature.
5. Brush the Mopping Sauce over the brisket
6. Preheat the smoker to 107°C (225°F), load the Mesquite Bisquettes and fill the water bowl. Place the brisket in the smoker fat side up.
7. Brush on some more mopping sauce after 2 hours
8. After 5 hours of smoking, remove the brisket from the smoker and place on a large sheet of aluminium foil (or butchers paper), pour over the remaining mop sauce and fold up tightly. Return the wrapped brisket to the smoker and turn off smoke.
9. Insert the temperature probe of your Bradley Digital Thermometer into the top of the brisket through the foil and continue to cook until the internal temperature is between 195-200C
This can take between 4-7 hours.
10. Cover and rest for 30 minutes before carving into thick slices against the grain.
11. Enjoy with your favourite BBQ Sauce.