- 2 dozen chicken wings
- cooking oil
- 125 ml (1/2 c) hot sauce
- 125 ml (1/2 c) French dressing
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) honey
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) crushed red pepper
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) cayenne pepper
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) coarse ground pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) salt
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Chinese 5 spice
- (equal parts fennel, cinnamon, ginger, star anise and anise pepper)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) paprika
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic salt
- 10 ml (2 tsp) cayenne pepper
- 10 ml (2 tsp) ground black pepper
- 5 ml (1 tsp) garlic powder
At least 2 hours before serving, mix together rub ingredients and massage into wings. Place in plastic wrap/bag and refrigerate. Remove wings from refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes.
Preheat the Bradley Smoker to 100°C (220°F). Place wings on oiled smoker racks and using Hickory flavor bisquettes smoke/cook for about 2 hours. While wings are smoking, combine hot sauce, French dressing, honey, pepper flakes, cayenne and black pepper together in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer on the stove, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
Remove wings from smoker when cooked and toss with hot sauce. Serve with blue cheese dip and fresh vegetables.