I came up with this recipe a while ago as a way to make dinner without having to fuss with it constantly. The sausage comes out smoke flavored, juicy and delicious. I recommend doing extra because they heat up nicely in a microwave for a quick meal and they also go really good fried up with eggs or pancakes for breakfast.
I have done up to twenty sausages at a time with no need to increase the time. I have to warn you though, once you make these, you will be hooked.
- 3 or 4 lbs. Uncooked Sausage Links
- Italian, bratwurst, or whatever your grocery has, personally I prefer sweet Italian.
- Preheat smoker to 138C degrees. Put sausage in smoker using middle racks.
- Smoke for 2 hours of your favorite wood, and continue to cook for a total time of 2-3 hours.
- Pull out of the smoker and allow to rest for several minutes. Then enjoy. Refrigerate or freeze extra sausages for later use.