Makes about 20-25 sliders, which might seem like a lot, but they disappear in a heartbeat!! The kids love them and they’re quick and easy!! Enjoy!
- 2 lbs. ground meat of your choice I like to grind up sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 8-10 slices of bacon; cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 24 Parker house rolls
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2-3 Tbsp pickled jalapenos, minced
- couple dashes of Tabasco
- Combine ground meat, bacon, cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Form into 2 1/2 inch patties.
- Arrange patties on your racks, and place them into your 220°F preheated smoker, for 20 minutes of smoke. Your choice of wood. We like mesquite or hickory.
- Remove from smoker and finish cooking on the grill.
- I suppose you could finish in the smoker if you preferred, I like the combo of smoke and grill flavor.
- While patties are cooking; in a large skillet melt 3 tablespoons butter, then add sliced onions. Cook stirring often until caramelized; about 15 minutes.
- For buns use any brand, allow to rise and bake as instructed on package.
- Add all sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- While buns are hot out of the oven, split and apply sauce to bottom half and top if you’d like! Place a patty on the bottom half of the roll, then a spoon on some onions and top half of roll.