- 4 to 5 kg (8 to 10 lb) turkey (small turkeys work best)
- 65 ml (1/4 c) brown sugar
- 65 ml (1/4 c) non-iodized salt
- 65 ml (1/4 c) cream sherry
- 5 ml (1 tsp) of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, thyme, sage, rosemary, lemon zest and/or pepper to individual taste
- Mix together brown sugar, salt, and rosemary and add cream sherry to make a thin paste.
- Brush paste in between meat and skin and on top of the skin.
- Season with other herbs to taste.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to approximately 100°C (220°F).
- Using Pecan flavor bisquettes smoke/cook turkey for 2 to 4 hours depending on how strong a smoke flavor you want.
- Baste the turkey using juices from inside the cavity and continue cooking the bird, basting every hour for another 2 to 4 hours, until a meat thermometer reads 75°C (165°F).
Carve up turkey and serve as part of a traditional Thanksgiving feast with stuffing, gravy, cranberry chutney, potatoes, brussel sprouts and yams. And do not forget the apple and pumpkin pies!