1 Albacore tuna loin
For tuna cakes
1 cup Bread Crumbs
2 Celery Sticks, minced
1 Onion, minced
1 Red bell pepper, minced
5-6 Spring Onions, chopped
1 Tbsp Sriracha (Hot Chilli Sauce available at most supermarkets)
¼ cup Mayonnaise
Juice and zest of 1 Lime
1 tsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Olive Oil (for cooking)
Bradley Flavour Bisquettes – Alder
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp kosher salt
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Cup water
- Combine together ingredients for marinade until dissolved.
- Cut tuna loin into 3 inch wide pieces and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat Bradley Smoker to 140°F.
- Smoke tuna for 1 hour with Alder Bisquettes.
- Remove tuna from smoker and flake with a fork.
- Mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Hand press into patties, if patties are too dry and aren’t sticking together well then add more mayonnaise. If they are too sticky then add more bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add tuna cakes.
- Cook about 4 minutes per side until golden and crisp.
Recipe by: Lena Clayton