- 2 green capsicum, chopped into strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 Egg
- 2-3 Tablespoons BBQ or tomato sauce
- 1 Onion finely diced
- ½ Cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 15 slices provolone (or mix of mozzarella and tasty) cheese
- 20 rashers of streaky bacon
Bradley Smoker Wood Bisquettes – your favourite or Pecan, Mesquite and Hickory work great with Beef
- Preheat your Bradley Smoker to 120C (248F) degrees and load your bisquettes
2. In a pan sauté the capsicum and sliced onions with the salt on a medium heat until the peppers have softened and the onions have turned a dark golden colour. Leave to cool in a bowl.
3. Mix the beef mince with the egg, sauce, bread crumbs, diced onion, dried oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper. On a sheet of tin foil press the beef into an even rectangle.
4. Lay slices of cheese across the middle and top with the capsicum and onion mixture.
5. Gently roll the meat up from the smaller end of the rectangle, using the foil to push it into a large sausage shape.
6. Lay the strips of bacon across another sheet of tin foil and repeat, making sure the meat roll is tightly wrapped up in a lovely bacon jacket.
7. Place the uncovered meatloaf roll on top of a Bradley Magic Non-stick Mat on a rack and place in the middle of your smoker. After 1-1 ½ hours turn off smoke and wrap the meatloaf roll in foil and cook for a further hour. Uncover for the last 20-30 minutes until it reaches the internal temperature of 70C (155F). Baste the meatloaf with some BBQ sauce for the last stage if desired.
Original recipe by Twisted, adapted by Bradley Smoker NZ