Ingredients – Rosti
- 1 large Potato, peeled
- 30g melted Butter
- 1 small Carrot, peeled
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 large Tomatoes – halved/seeded/cored
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- Spinach leaves – briefly wilted
- 100g Beans
- Venison Steaks – approx. 1inch thick, 150g each
- 100ml Beef Stock
- Set up Bradley Smoker, place steaks on wire rack and smoke for 10-20minutes using Oak Bisquetttes. Set steaks aside.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C. Parboil the potato for 12 minutes, drain and cool sufficiently to be able to handle it. Coarsely grate the potato into bowl containing the butter. Finely grate the carrot into potato bowl, adding salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into two rosti patties and place apart on a buttered baking sheet. Bake in the over for 225-30minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- At the same time, place tomatoes in a small oven proof dish, sprinkle with seat salt and fill with olive oil.
- Roast in the oven until they have skrunk a little and tinged with colour. Reclaim the olive oil to use on beans or later as base for a salad dressing.
- Spoon the wilted spinach leaves into each half of the tomatoes, keep warm.
- Cook beans in salted boiling water for 3 minutes, drain and toss with a little of the olive oil from the tomatoes. Keep warm.
- Brush the steaks liberally with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan to smoking not then cook the steaks for 1-2minutes each side in total, turning every 20 seconds. This will give you a great colour and succulent pink interior. Take off the heat and cover loosely with foil and rest for 6 minutes.
- Return the pan to the stove and add 100ml beef stock. Scrape around the edges of the pan to incorporate the meat residues, reduce by half and add a small knob of butter.
- Serve venison steak over rosti, surround with vegetables and some sauce.
Recipe Compliments of Bradley Smoker UK