- 2lbs medium sized Roma Tomatoes
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups Unsalted Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice the Roma tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Set the tomatoes cut side up on an oiled smoker rack.
- Sprinkle with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp Salt and 1 Tbsp Pepper.
- Smoke at 104° C (220°F) for 1 ½ hours with Cherry Bisquettes.
- Put the smoked tomatoes in a saucepan with the stock.
- Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, cover, and let the mixture simmer for about 30 minutes to break down the tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes are soft and breaking down, use an immersion blender to liquefy the mixture. You can also use a blender if you divide it into batches.
- When the mixture is almost totally liquid, add the Cream and Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Stir over low heat for 5 minutes and serve. Ideal with a grilled cheese sandwich.
Compliments of Bradley Smokers