- 6 chicken halves – fryers approx. 1 kg (2lb) or whole legs with thighs
- 15 ml to 30 ml (1 tbsp to 2 tbsp) coarse salt
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 250 ml (1 c) plain yogurt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) each Indian spices such as cumin seed, coriander seed, fennel seed, whole black pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika, ground together.
- Puncture the skin on the chicken pieces with at skewer making quite a few tiny holes.
- Using the lemon half, rub the salt and garlic into the chicken pieces.
- In a large glass or ceramic bowl, mix together the yogurt and seasonings.
- Coat each piece of the chicken well with the yogurt mixture.
- Place in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard leftover juices.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to approximately 100°C (220°F)
- Place chicken skin side down on oiled smoker racks.
- Put chicken inside the Bradley Smoker and using Cherry flavor bisquettes smoke/cook the chicken for approximately 3 to 4 hours or until an instant thermometer reads 82C.