- 10 to 15 skin on, bone-in Chicken Thighs and Wings
For the brine
- 2 Cups Amber Beer (approximately 1.5 cans)
- 2 Cups Water
- 3 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Hot Sauce
For the rub
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp granulated or dehydrated Garlic
- 1 Tsp dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp dried Basil
- Bradley Flavour Bisquettes – Alder Flavour
- Mix together ingredients for the brine. Add the beer in last as it will foam up a bit.
- Cover chicken with the brine and place covered in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the brine and rinse with cold water.
- Mix together the ingredients for the rub.
- Toss the chicken pieces evenly in the rub.
- Place wings and thighs directly on the smoker rack.
- Smoke the chicken at 107°C (225°F) with Alder Bisquettes.
Recipe by: Lena Clayton