Fresh Mango Salsa
- 2-3 Medium Mangoes, diced
- ½ cup Coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 medium Red Pepper, diced
- 1 small Chili, finely sliced (optional)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced (optional)
- Juice of 2 Limes
- ¼ cup of Olive Oil
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate and allow salsa to sit for at least an hour or preferably over night for flavours to marinate.
Lime Infused Smoked Snapper
- 4 Snapper Filets, approx 6 oz. each
- ¼ cup of Coarse Salt
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Litres of water
- Place Salt, Brown Sugar, Lime and Water in a deep bowl and stir until salt and sugar have dissolved. Add the fish, cover and place in the refrigerator for 12 hours, turning several times
- Remove fish from brine and discard the brine. Rinse the snapper well under cold running water, drain, and blot dry with paper towels. Place on an oiled wire rack and let the snapper air-dry in the refrigerator approx 2 hours.
- Set up your Smoker and preheat to 135°C (275°F) using Bisquettes of choice.
- Smoke the fish on the wire rack until cooked through, approx. 30 to 45 minutes. Alternatively, using a thermometer, cook until the internal temperature reaches 60°C (140°F).
- Allow Snapper to cool to room temperature, then wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving. It will keep for at least 3 days in the refrigerator.