- 1 boneless leg of Lamb (about 1 to 1 ½ kg in weight)
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Bradley Smoker Wood Bisquette suggestions: Apple, Oak, Hickory, Premium Sage, Premium Caribbean Blend and Premium Hunters Blend
- Trim the meat of any excess fat and try to keep the meat an even thickness as this helps to ensure even cooking and smoking throughout. If necessary, use kitchen twine to tie up the lamb so that is bunched together to form a nice roast.
- Mix together the garlic, oil and spices and rub all over the lamb. Place lamb on a dish and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for at least an hour to marinate.
- Place the lamb on a smoker rack.
- Set the Bradley Smoker to 120C using your favourite wood bisquettes – Apple, Oak and Hickory are great choices or try the New Premium Sage, Caribbean Blend or Hunters Blend Bisquettes.
- Smoke the lamb for around 3-4 hours or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches about 63C (145F), which is a nice medium rare. Some people prefer their lamb more rare while other like it more well done, so monitor the temperature and remove at desired doneness.
Original recipe by Steve Cylka