110g dark Chocolate, chopped
110g Butter, cubed (keep some extra butter for greasing)
1 Cup Icing Sugar
2 Egg whites
4 Egg yolks
1 Tsp Vanilla extract
A pinch to ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional, if you want to add a little spice to your treat!)
¼ Cup and 1 Tbsp Flour
- Prepare your Bradley Smoker for cold-smoking (using the Bradley Cold Smoke Adapter) using Premium Chili Cumin or Maple Flavour Bisquettes.
- Cold smoke the dark chocolate on a dish for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Remove the chocolate from the Bradley Smoker and place in a double boiler with butter. Heat on medium heat while stirring until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and add sugar then egg whites and yolks, stir well.
- Mix in vanilla and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Stir in flour.
- Divide mixture among four ramekins which have been well greased with butter.
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes or until the centre of the cakes are soft and jelly-like and the edges firm.
- Let cool for a minute or two, then run a knife around the edge of the cakes to loosen any edges.
- Place a plate on top of one ramekin and invert. Remove the ramekin and ta-da! There is your lava cake.
- Serve immediately with your favourite accompaniments such as fresh fruit, whipped cream, ice cream, berry sauce, caramel sauce, or chocolate sauce. We recommend Cherry Compote!
Original recipe by: Lena Clayton