1 tsp Allspice
½ tsp Nutmeg
½ tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Garlic Powder
½ tsp ground Ginger
½ tsp ground Black Pepper
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Salt
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Cream Cheese, softened
1 Cup grated Mozzarella cheese
½ Cup Apricot jam, divided
1 Scotch Bonnet or Habanera Pepper, seeded
2 Tbsp Rum
Bradley Smoker Bisquettes – Maple, Hickory, Oak, Whiskey Oak or Premium Caribbean Blend
- Make the jerk spice rub by mixing together the allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, garlic powder, ginger, black pepper, cayenne pepper and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Holding knife horizontally, insert into the thick end of each chicken breast and cut to make a deep pocket. Be careful not to pierce through the other end.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and ¼ Cup apricot jam until well combined.
- Spoon the cheese mixture evenly into the pockets of each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle the jerk seasoning all over the stuffed chicken breasts and gently rub the spice into the meat.
- Make the glaze, by blending the remaining ¼ Cup apricot jam, scotch bonnet pepper and rum until smooth. Set aside.
- Set the smoker to 120C (250F) using wood bisquettes.
- Place the chicken breasts on smoker rack and put the rack in the Bradley smoker. Smoke the chicken until they reach an internal temperature of 74C (165F), about 3 hours.
- Midway through the smoking session, brush some of the glaze on the chicken. Brush them again when the chicken comes out of the smoker.