- 1 large salmon fillet
- l litre (1 quart) water
- 125 ml (1/2 c) salt
- 125 ml (1/2 c) maple syrup
- 60 ml (1/4 c) amber or dark rum
- 60 ml (1/4 c) lemon juice
- 10 whole cloves
- 10 whole allspice berries
- 1 bay leaf
- In a medium sized bowl combine all the brine ingredients. Place salmon fillet in a non-metallic dish and cover with the brine. Make certain the fish is completely submersed in brine. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours. Remove salmon from brine and pat dry with paper toweling. Place salmon, skin side down, on smoker rack and allow to air dry for about an hour.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to between 65°C and 95°C (150°F and 200°F). Using Maple flavor bisquettes smoke/ cook the salmon for approximately 1-2 hours.
- Serve with wild rice and stir fried mixed vegetables, or blend with equal amounts of cream cheese for a delicious spread.