- 4 Lamb Shanks
For Harissa Paste:
- 6-8 Bird’s Eye Chilies (or another spicy chili pepper), stems removed
- 1 clove Garlic, skinned
- 1 Tbsp Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1½ Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh Mint
- ½ cup chopped fresh Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Sherry or Red Wine Vinegar
- Juice and zest of one Lemon
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- Bradley Flavour Bisquettes – Premium Chili Cumin Bisquettes
- Blend together all ingredients for the Harissa paste in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add more oil if necessary to reach the right consistency.
- Rub lamb shanks generously in Harissa paste and let marinate overnight (or a minimum of two hours before smoking).
- Preheat your Bradley Smoker to 250°F (121°C) with Premium Chili Cumin Bisquettes.
- Place lamb shanks directly into the smoker and let smoke for 3 hours or until an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C) is reached.
- Let rest for 5-10 min before serving.
Recipe by: Lena Clayton