Filled with crab, shrimp, scallops, cheese, green onions and more, these Portobello mushrooms are smoked to perfection then drizzled with melted butter afterwards.
- 6 Portobello mushrooms
- ¾ Cup small shrimp (salad shrimp size or a little bigger), peeled
- ¾ Cup scallops
- ¾ Cup crab meat, in small pieces
- ¼ Cup roasted red peppers , diced
- 4 Spring onions, finely sliced
- 1Cup grated cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 75g melted butter
- 2Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Set up smoker for 250F using wood of choice (I used apple)
- Snap the stems off the Portobello mushrooms and, using a spoon, scrape the gills off the underside of the mushrooms.
- In a bowl, mix together the shrimp, scallops, crab, roasted red peppers, green onions, gouda, salt, garlic powder, paprika and cayenne together.
- Place the Portobello mushrooms on the smoker racks, top side facing down.
- Spoon the seafood mixture evenly on top of the Portobello mushrooms.
- Place in the smoker and smoke until all the seafood is cooked, about 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter and parsley. Spoon onto the smoked stuffed mushrooms.
Original recipe by theblackpeppercorn.com