- 1 Kg Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 medium sized Tomatoes, chopped
- 500mL Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp dried Basil
- 2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Package of your favourite Pasta
- Bradley Flavour Bisquettes – Apple
- Preheat Smoker to 93-107°C (200-225°F) with Apple Flavour Bisquettes.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron pot, or deep cast iron pan.
- Add ground beef, garlic, and onions to the pan.
- Once the beef is browning and the onions have become translucent add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, paprika, basil, oregano, salt and pepper, and stir together.
- Leave to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cast iron pot from stove, and place in preheated smoker.
- Smoke for 1 – 1½ hours, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is smoking, prepare the pasta of your choosing (as per the instructions). You can never go wrong with the classic spaghetti.
- When sauce is finished smoking, remove from smoker and stir in butter.
- Drain pasta, once cooked, and serve with your freshly smoked Bolognese sauce.
Recipe by Lena Clayton