- 2 boneless Duck Breasts
- 2 cups Apple Juice
- 1 Tbsp coarse Kosher Dalt
- 1 Tbsp White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground Black Pepper
Preparation: 15 minutes (plus 4 hours of marinating)
- Mix together the juice with all the salt, sugar and spices until the salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Place the duck in a dish and pour in the brine. Turn the breasts a couple of times and cover the dish with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge and let the duck marinate for 4 hours
- Place the duck breast on a smoker rack.
- Set the Smoker to 121°C (250F) using wood Cherry, Pecan, Maple or other wood bisquettes.
- Smoke the duck for around 2 1/2 – 3 hours or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 65°C (150°F).
Recipe Compliments of Bradley Smokers Canada