- 1 Pork Roast (Butt, Shoulder or Blade)
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp dry Oregano
- 2 tsp ground Chipotle Powder
- 2 tsp ground Cumin
- 2 tsp ground Coriander
- 3 Avocados
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 medium Tomato, diced
- ½ Pineapple, peeled and cored
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers, cored and minced
- 12 or more soft Tortilla shells, flour or corn
- Make the rub by mixing together the sugar and all the spices. Generously rub the spice mixture all over the pork roast.
- Set your Bradley Smoker to 225°F using Bisquettes of choice.
- Smoke the pork roast until it reaches an internal temperature of 195°F. This can take 14-18 hours, depending on the outside temperature.
- When smoking is complete, pull the pork into thin strips, discarding fat and bone.
- Make the tropical guacamole by removing the flesh of the avocados and put in a medium sized bowl. Mash with a fort or potato masher. Squeeze the lime juice and stir it into the mashed avocado. Stir in the diced tomato, pineapple and minced jalapeno pepper.
- Make the carnitas by putting some pulled pork on a soft tortilla shell and spoon some tropical guacamole on top.
Recipe Compliments of Steve Cylka and Bradley Smoker Australia