Smoked Salmon Candy is a smoky, sweet snack perfect anytime!
- 2 lbs or 900g Salmon fillets
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup kosher Salt
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- Bradley Flavour Bisquettes – Maple
- Mix together salt and brown sugar.
- Cut salmon into thick 2 inch slices.
- Lay down a layer of salt-sugar mixture in a container.
- Place salmon (skin-side up) over salt-sugar mixture then cover with remaining salt-sugar mixture.
- Cure for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from cure, rinse and pat dry.
- Allow to dry in a cool place for two hours.
- While the Smoker is preheating with Maple Bisquettes to approximately 200F or 93C place salmon inside smoker (so temperature will raise gradually).
- Every hour brush salmon with maple syrup.
- Smoke for 4-5 hours.
- Remove from smoker and brush with remaining maple syrup and cool.
Recipe by Lena Clayton