- 4 cups (32 ounces) Apple Juice
- ½ cup (4 ounces) Pickling Salt
- ½ cup (4 ounces) Maple Syrup
- ½ cup (4 ounces) Brown Sugar
- Add Salt to Apple Juice and stir to dissolve.
- Add Maple Syrup and stir.
- Add Brown Sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Place 3 inch pieces of Salmon or your favourite fish, skin side up, in a glass or plastic container or zip-lock bag.
- Add brine to fish and place in refrigerator 8 hours.
- Remove fish from brine; pat dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Place fish skin side down on rack; place in Smoker.
- Smoke at 130°F (55°C) using Hickory Bisquettes for 7 hours. Enjoy.
Compliments of Greg Kropf and Bradley North America