- 2 Rainbow Trout fillets, boned
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Place the rainbow trout, side by side on smoker racks, making sure they are not touching each other.
- Make the rub by mixing together the brown sugar with all the spices. Rub the brown sugar mixture on both trout fillets.
- Start up the Smoker, using wood bisquettes of choice (Alder or Pacific Blend work very well!). Bring the smoker up to a temperature of 250°F (121°C).
- Place the trout fillet in the smoker and cook until the internal temperature reaches 140°F (60°C), about 2-3 hours
Recipe by: Steve Cylka