- 24 Mini tart shells, frozen
- 200g Smoked Bacon
- ¾ Cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 Green onions, finely chopped
- 4 Eggs
- 1¼ Cups milk
- 1 Tsp Dijon mustard
- ½-2 Tsp of chili flakes (optional)
- 1-2 Tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ Tsp salt
- ¼ Tsp ground black pepper
- Cook the bacon in strips on a large pan, until crisp.
- Drain bacon on a paper towel and crumble once cool enough to handle.
- Remove tart shells from freezer to thaw slightly while you prepare the batter.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Mix together bacon, Swiss cheese and green onion in a bowl.
- Divide mixture amongst the tart shells.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, chili flakes, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Pour or ladle egg mixture into each tart shell.
- Bake in oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until the egg is set in the middle and the shells have browned slightly.
Recipe Compliments of Lena Clayton and Bradley Smoker